Total Quality Approach
Many believe Hayes’s Total Quality Approach (TQA) begins with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP). Truth is, it begins with our customers. Because it’s only after we clearly understand their needs, expectations and perspective does our engineering process begin.
Our TQA toolkit is utilized to ensure quality throughout the product life cycle:
- Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEAs)
- Process FMEAs and process flows
- Control plans that ensure process capability (CPK)
- Complete and thorough Production Part Approval Process (PPAPs)
- Factory and social audits of our suppliers
- Initial Sample Inspection Reports (ISIR) and product audits
- In-line production monitoring
- Significant laboratory testing capabilities
- 6-Sigma disciplined, data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects
- Multiple 6-Sigma black belts and green belts on staff
For more than 65 years, our complete, disciplined approach to quality has allowed our customers to reduce and/or eliminate hidden costs of poor product quality, returns, rework, and non-compliance with regulatory requirements. We have a long-term history and impeccable reputation of designing and manufacturing safety critical products for some of the most demanding applications. Our superior standards and attention to detail plus in-depth understanding of the industries we serve and supply prevents Hayes from delivering anything less than the best.
Hayes is proud to be 9001/2008 ISO certified and registered with Verisys. Our systems are consistently recognized as superior, and our processes are often used as an example throughout our broad customer base.